Happy Monday Friends!
Our grandson, Fletcher, is turning 4 years old today...Happy Birthday Sweetheart! He loves trucks and tractors, so I thought it would be fun to do his card inside & out in punch art. I used a lot of Stampin' Up! punches.
The idea for the tractor I found on Pinterest. There's a lot of punch art tractors on that site and all very similar, so I don't know who had the original idea so here's a "shout out" to all you talented ladies!
- The body of the tractor was done with the Extra Large Tag Punch in Gumball Green Card Stock (John Deere colors).
- Back tire is the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch in Basic Black Card Stock. Then attach scallop circle to a piece of paper (copy paper, notebook paper, etc.) with re-positionable adhesive and punch again using the 1-3/4" scallop circle punch. Note: Stampin' Up! punches were not designed to punch through 2 layers of card stock. The inside of the tire is a 1" circle punch in Gumball Green. The brad I used, Stampin' Up! retired and is no longer available for purchase, but you could easily substitute another.
- Front tire is a 1" circle punched in Basic Black and the inside in a 3/4" Circle in Gumball Green with a 1/8" Mini Silver Brad attached to the center.
- Tractor seat is the medium size heart, in Daffodil Delight Card Stock from the Heart to Heart punch (retired).
- Steering Wheel was done with the Slot Punch (retired) in Basic Black CS.
- Smoke Stack was done using the Word Window Punch in Basic Gray Card Stock.
- Smoke is the Itty Bitty Punch Pack in Basic Black CS.
- Clouds were punched using the Cupcake Builder Punch in Whisper White CS.
- Cart is the New Ticket Duo Builder Punch in Gumball Green CS.
- Cart Wheels are 2 Basic Black 3/4" circles with 1/2" Gumball Green circles in the center with a 1/8" Mini Silver Brad attached to the center.
- Balloons are the Small Oval Punch in Real Red, Island Indigo & Daffodil Delight CS.
- Balloon strings are Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo & Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine.
Now for the inside:
- Dump Truck Body is two Extra Large Tag Punches in Real Red CS.
- Cab of the truck is a 1-3/8" Square in Real Red CS and the center is a 1-1/4" Square in Whisper White CS.
- Steering Wheel is two pieces from the Slot Punch (retired) in Basic Black CS.
- Bed of the truck is a Word Window Punch in Basic Black CS and Extra Large Tag Punch in Daffodil Delight.
- Greeting is from the Family Reunion Stamp Set, stamped in Black StazOn ink.
- Wheels are 1" Black Circles, 1/8" Mini Silver Brad attached to the center and highlighted with a Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen....best gel pen I've ever owned!
- Presents: 1-1/4" Square and New Ticket Duo Builder Punch tied with Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffetta Ribbon.
If you would like to Print this post, please click on the button located at the bottom of this post.