Today I have a craft project to show you. I made candle holders from items I found at the dollar store. The base is a pillar candle holder that I spray painted black. The top section is a votive candle holder and I glued the two together with E-6000 glue. A gentleman at the hardware store assured me this adhesive would work and it did. It's industrial strength adhesive that is paintable, waterproof and safe for photographs. I don't think I would ever need it for photos, but you never know = )
What I like about these, besides being very inexpensive, you can easily change the look for any holiday or occasion. I may re-do them for New Years in black & white with a little bling.
- I stamped Spooky from the Wicked Cool stamp set, in Black StazOn onto Whisper White Card Stock. then cut it out using my Big Shot and Apothecary Accents Framelits.
- Leaving the card stock in the die, I sponged lighlty around the edges in Pumpkin Pie ink, so it would have a white border around the outer edge.
- Added 2 Basic Black Brads.
- Tied some Pumpkin Pie ribbon.
- Made a half rosette using the Designer Rosette Bigz Die & Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP.
- Cut out the smallest doily using the Delicate Doilies Sizzlits die in Basic Black Card Stock cut it in half and attached to rosette.
- Added an Antique Brad to the center.
- Attached rosette with Stampin' Dimensionals, so I could remove it easily and change the look.
- Filled the inside with candy corn and a flameless candle, which I also purchased at the dollar store.
Digital Happenings & New DownloadsIt's an exciting week for My Digital Studio: