Today's project is this easy gift card holder. The DSP and ink I used have been discontinued...that was a sad day, I love those colors. Anyway, Here's how I made it:
Designer Paper (Rock ability Specialty): 6" x 9"
- With paper in landscape position score at 3-3/4" and 7-1/2", turn 90 degrees and score at 1".
- Fold on score lines using bone folder.
- Hold in portrait position and you will see 3 rectangles where the score lines cross the 1" score line. Cut off the top and bottom rectangle, leaving the center one in place.
- Fold in large flap. Apply adhesive to the inside edge of opposite flap and fold over onto larger flap. Use corner rounder on bottom flap & apply adhesive to bottom flap and adhere. Now you'll have your envelope.
- Turn envelope over so the seams are on the top and open slightly. Center the 1-1/4" circle punch partially into envelope and punch a half circle.
Kiwi Kiss Textured Card Stock cut with the Top Note die.
- Fold in half in the landscape position and use bone folder to crease.
- Using Mat Pack I punched a small hole in each bottom corner and inserted a black brad.
- Tie a 16" piece of black grosgrain ribbon around lid and make bow or knot.
- The stamp is from Vintage Labels, new clear stamp set from Sale-A-Bration and stamped in Kiwi Kiss onto Whisper White card stock. The greeting is also from Sale-A-Bration, Happy Moments and stamped it in Riding Hood Red. Punched it out with the Curly Label punch and adhered with dimensional.
- Adhere Whisper White 3-1/8" x 4-5/8" to Kiwi Kiss Card Stock 3-1/4" x 4-3/4".
- Stamp greeting at the top in Riding Hod Red.
- Cut the gift card holder in Riding Hood Red CS, using the Card Petal die and the Big Shot. Fold 3 flaps inward and adhere with adhesive. Cut the 4 flap off at the score line. With the seams facing up. Take 1" circle punch and and partially insert into holder and punch half circle at the top.
- Stamp presents from Happy Moments, in Riding Hood Red onto a 1-1/2" x 1-3/4" piece of Whisper White CS and adhere to a 1-3/4" x 2" of Kiwi Kiss CS.
- Then attach with adhesive to the card holder.
- Apply adhesive on seam side of card holder and attach on the lower half of card.
- Using the Designer Label punch and a scrap piece of designer paper, punch tab for top of card.
- Fold in half and apply adhesive to inside, bottom edges and attach to the top of the card.
- Using Mat Pack again, punch a small hole in the bottom center of tab and insert a black brad.
Insert card into envelope and carefully slip into the lid. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Have a great weekend!